Philadelphia Fall 2012
Philadelphia FALL 2012. This teacher training will focus on Power Yoga. At the end of this training, having fulfilled all requirements, participants will receive the 200-hour Yoga Alliance Certification. Power Yoga is a dynamic and high – energy way to combine yoga poses through “vinyasa”.
By linking together movement, breath and mind we will tap into our greatest peace, strength and vitality. Vinyasa (meaning to place in a special way) is a yoga practice of meditation in movement, linking postureswith breath in an intelligent sequence to create strength, flexibility, toned muscles and clarity of mind.
Student Teachers who participate in this training will come away with a healthy, strong body, a calm and focused mind and real happiness in their hearts. This training is an experiential training, and participants will engage in the theory and practice of a dynamic, balanced training of daily asana, restorative yoga, meditation, pranayama and journal writing – all tools to sharpen your insights, intention and abilities to share as a yoga teacher.
During these weekends, students will be encouraged to develop their own voice and approach to sharing yoga, all within the structure of the principles and philosophy of Vinyasa Power Yoga. The training will be held at ANJALI POWER YOGA in Westmont and Philadelphia. This training will be led by Johnna Smith.
Three Anjali Power Yoga Teachers will be assisting Johnna throughout the entire training. Clancey Carle, Cheryl Cucinotta and Wanda Gilhool. Please go to the teachers bios to learn more about our Anjali Teachers.
November 9 -11th
November 30 – December 2nd
6 – 10pm
Total – (4 hours) (12 hours over 4 weekends)
Saturday & Sunday
1pm – 5:30
5:30 – 6:30 (dinner)
6:30 – 7pm
Total – (28 hours) (96 hours over 4 weekends)
4 weekends = hours + in class assists + in class work during week + book reports = 200 + hours
Tuition – $2,300.00 ($200 deposit when you register)
Unlimited Yoga at Anjali Power Yoga (either Location) from September 15 – December 3rd.
20% off all retail from September 15th – December 3rdCourse Agenda/Goals:
• Refine and grow their own yoga practice
• Teach a power yoga vinyasa class with confidence and their own unique perspective of yoga.
• How to sequence a class based on the energy of the room
• How to create an exciting and transformational class
• Learn safe, effective assists for each pose in Power Yoga Sequence
• Break through limitations holding them back from the vision they have for their life
• Grow their intuition to uncover student’s energy blocks and resistance
• Svadyaya: self-study and ancient writing studies. For these 12 days together, we will study our habits and holding patterns. We will focus inward in order to move outward and share with others as a Powerful Awesome and Amazing Teacher.
• Journey Into Power – Baron Baptiste‟
• Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – by Sri Swami Satchananda
Required Time Commitments/Homework
• Attendance at all 4 weekends.
• Practice at Anjali Power Yoga 65 Hours
• Assist 15 classes on your own and receive feedback from any student teachers / teachers taking and instructing class
• 2 written book reports on Journey Into Power and Yoga Sutras including the following information for each book:
- Title of book
- A 2 – 4 paragraph overview/synopsis on the material covered in the book
- One paragraph on what you believe are the three most compelling points of the book. Please describe the details of why.‟
- One paragraph on what you believe are the book’s three most relevant topics in regards to teaching. Be specific. In what ways has it or will it impact your teaching?
- One paragraph on what you believe is the most relevant topic in regard to your practice. Be specific. In what ways has it or will it impact your practice?